Gen Con starts tomorrow/today and many attendees are finalizing their plans for the big show.
Here are some tips from the Gen Con crew to help you prepare for the show!
Last Minute Tips for Attending Gen Con
1) Bring your government-issued PHOTO identification. To take advantage of Will Call pick-up, you must have proof of your identity. Don’t forget it!
2) Stay hydrated, sleep, wear sunscreen, and eat regularly. It’s tempting to want to game for eight hours straight with no breaks, but don’t forget to take care of yourself. Also, Indiana can be hot and humid in August, so if you’re enjoying outdoor entertainment remember to protect your skin and drink lots of water. A good night’s rest also will make sure that your Saturday experience is as good as your Thursday.
3) Don’t forget Generic Tickets. Generic tickets can be used to join events that you discover throughout the convention. Also, many attendees will use generic tickets to join previously sold out events that have “no shows.” You can get Generic Tickets here.
4) Keep hall and aisle ways clear. With increasing attendance, it’s important to keep circulation points moving throughout the convention center. If you need to sit or rest, please stay close to the walls and away from entry points.
5) Report suspected abusive behavior. Gen Con has a new Ethics, Conduct, and No Harassment policy for 2013. Please take a look at the Terms of Service, and make sure that you’re aware of the new rules. The team wants to create a safe, fun experience for all attendees.
6) Relax. You’re attending Gen Con to have fun, and there are thousands of people at Gen Con that are trying to make sure that your convention experience is the best that it can be. This is going to be a great show!